Have you read about the effects of clary sage oil on labor? Well, I did when I was pregnant and after I was 5 days past due and my doctor told me I would have to be induced if I didn’t have him by Friday, I was researching all day everyday to find ways to get him to come before then. I don’t know about you but I was terrified of having to be induced and I wanted to have a natural labor.
So I started using clary sage oil mixed with coconut oil – I would lay on a towel on the couch and rub it all over my belly. It smells a bit like licorice which I hate, but I didn’t care. If it helped him move along faster was worth it to me at this point! My husband would also rub my feet and ankles with it.
Another way I used it was to sprinkle a few drops in the bathtub (who else took a lot of baths when they were pregnant?!)
Now, I can’t say for sure if it worked but:
1. I went into labor before I had to get induced
2. I started laboring at 2pm and delivered at 7:30pm so I had a very short labor. We didn’t leave for the hospital until about 6 or 6:30.
3. I did not get an epidural.
4. I did not have any tears.
5. The baby literally slipped out of me. I didn’t even know he had come out – and I feel like I am very in tune with my body so this really surprised me.
Did anyone else try clary sage oil when pregnant? I would love to hear your feedback!